Grab a chance to win cash prizes whilst raising money for the Animal Sanctuary
Do you want to do more to help the Animal Sanctuary? Do you enjoy a ‘flutter’ now and again? Well now you can do both by joining the Animal Sanctuary 50/50 Club.
How the 50/50 club works:
It’s very simple; all you have to do is buy a monthly stake for £2 and you will be allocated your very own number. You can buy as many stakes as you like at £2 each – the more numbers you have the greater your chances of winning! You can pay either monthly by standing order, or annually with cash or a cheque. Three winning numbers will be drawn every month, 50% will be used to care for the animals at the sanctuary and the other 50% of the income will be used for the prizes. The first prize will be 30% of the income that month, the second 15% and the third 5%. The more people who join the club the bigger the prizes will be – so spread the word to all your family and friends!
When are the draws?
Numbers will be drawn on the last Tuesday of every month, starting from Tuesday 26th June 2018. If you’re a lucky winner, you will be sent a cheque with your winnings within 15 days. We will post the winning numbers on our website and social media pages so you can check to see if you have won (no names or personal details will be given).
How can I join in the fun?
Leaflets will be included in the Summer newsletter and will be available from the sanctuary. Please fill in the form on the leaflet and return it to Celia Reed, The Animal Sanctuary, Newgate, Wilmslow, SK9 5LN. You can also download a form here and return it to the sanctuary. If you wish to pay by cash, please bring your completed form in to the Animal Sanctuary. You need to be aged 16 or over to join and you can cancel your membership at any time (although we will not be able to refund you if you have paid up front for a whole year). You can read the rules of the 50/50 club below.
Our Latest Winners
- The name of the draw is Humane Education Society 50/50 club, hereafter known as ‘50/50 club’.
- The 50/50 club will be operated under the gaming Act 2005 and is registered as a small society lottery with Cheshire East Council.
- The sole objective of the 50/50 club is to raise funds for the Humane Education Society (HES) (charity number 1159571).
- Subscription to the 50/50 club for one draw number shall be £2 per month, payable by standing order on the first day of each month. This subscription will give a club member one number which will be entered into a draw each month. Draw numbers will be sequentially numbered from one upwards. The number will remain the member’s provided that their subscription is up to date.
- Members may have more than one number, for an additional £2 per month per number.
- A member is eligible for inclusion in the draw so long as the subscription for that month has been paid.
- Making payments to the 50/50 club by standing order into the HES account deems that participants agree to (a) the club rules and (b) to have their details kept in a database for the sole purpose of running the 50/50 club. This information will not be passed onto a third party or used for any purpose other than the 50/50 club.
- The 50/50 club is open to all staff, volunteers and supporters of HES, and all family and friends aged 16 and over.
- There will be one prize draw per month. The draw will be made on the last Tuesday of the month by a Trustee in the presence of at least one other Trustee, member of staff or volunteer.
- The total income collected each month will be split: 50% prize money and 50% to HES funds. From the 50% prize money there will be three monthly prizes: first prize 30%, second prize 15% and third prize 5%.
- Winner’s cheques will be sent directly to them within 15 days of the date of the draw. The names of the winners’ of each draw will be announced on the HES website and our Facebook page. Any cheques not cashed within six months will be deemed a donation to HES.
- The 50/50 club will commence from June 2018 provided that a minimum of 20 draw numbers have been allocated by the date of the first draw. If the 50/50 club does not run, then any amounts received in respect of the 50/50 club will be refunded.