The Sanctuary is very fortunate to have a dedicated team of volunteers who choose to give their time freely to help in its day to day running, whether that is behind the scenes working with the animals or being its public face promoting or fundraising.
If you’re interested in joining our team we have several volunteering opportunities available. (Please note volunteers must be 16yrs and over unless on official school work experience or D of E scheme)
- Cleaning of the cats, rabbits, ferrets, ducks and chickens, and small animals takes place in the mornings with volunteers being here by 9am and usually finish around 11 am – 12 noon.
- Working with the horses, again starting around 9am with mucking out and feeding. Previous equine experience is essential for this aspect. The horses are usually completed by lunchtime.
- Socialising the cats available for adoption. An afternoon opportunity, this takes place from around 12 noon until 3.30pm and involves spending time in the pens with the cats interacting, playing and handling them. This can be vital in bringing them on in confidence and securing loving homes.
- Fundraising help is always required. Various events are undertaken during the year, and great fun can be had in joining this team. Usually tasks are shared and you can help on an ad hoc basis to fit in with your own diary.
- Ebay help. Again is a vital fundraising contribution. Full training will be given in listing items for sale from home and posting them off to buyers.
- Group volunteering. We welcome groups to volunteer here at the sanctuary. Usually our groups undertake a project or help around site. The day starts around 9.30am and finishes around 3.30pm.
The Humane Education Society (Animal Sanctuary)
Or email your completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAO: Sara Diggle.
All volunteers need to undertake a health and safety induction at the sanctuary. Sarah will be in touch to arrange a date.